Freedom Human Rights Leadership Awards feature individuals who have distinguished themselves through exemplary contributions to human rights in the following fields:
- Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Freedom of Information
- Government Reform
- Children's Rights
- Mental Health Reform
- Religious Freedom
- Social Justice
Nominations are welcome. Please include in your proposal:
1. Your name, address and phone number, and those of the person you are nominating;
2. The nominees current job/position, as well as any previous positions relating to his or her human rights contributions;
3. What the person has done to qualify for Freedoms Human Rights Leadership Award and
4. Documentation that demonstrates his or her contributions.
Send details to:
Human Rights Leadership Awards
6331 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90028-6329
Past winners in the Freedom of Speech and Expression category have included Paul McMasters, executive director of the Freedom Forum First Amendment Center, U.S. Representative Don Edwards and syndicated columnist Jack Anderson. U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy and the late U.S. Representative John Moss, known as the Father of the Freedom of Information Act, are among the former recipients in the Freedom of Information category. Dr. Arthur A. Fletcher, then chairman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, and the Reverend Cecil L. Chip Murray are among the past Social Justice awardees.
For further information about nominations, contact Freedom by writing to the address above, by calling (323) 960-3500, or by e-mailing to email@example.com.